Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cherries

Tonight was supposed to be the first story night in my backyard, but it rained. That was okay with me--I was in the middle of pitting sour cherries. This afternoon I went over to a friend's house, where I picked fruit from an overloaded tree. Then I had to deal with them.

It took hours, but the result is worth it: five and a half pies worth of cherries (six cups per pie).

I couldn't bear to throw away the juice. I'm not sure what I'll do with it, beyond admiring its beauty. Maybe make a cherry syrup, after straining out the few pits that snuck in.


Story night next week. I do regret not being able to do the puppet show of "The Goat in the Chili Patch" tonight--I'm performing it in Topeka next Wednesday and had hoped for a rehearsal tonight.

No comments: