Friday, November 06, 2009

Random pictures, mid-tour in Mexico City, part I

I'm getting farther and farther behind in this blog, so I thought I'd post a few pictures I took in various place in Mexico City.

I love this door knocker! In Queretaro I also saw a lot of great ones, but always when I was either in a moving vehicle or without my camera.
I finally got a good picture of an organ grinder. These fellows play all around the Zocalo, with a compatriot holding out a hat for tips. They all wear the same kind of uniform. He's holding the hat right now.
In the Presidential Palace, there are amazing murals by Diego Rivera. Here's a little piece of one:
And a much bigger section:
Last year in Brazil, I took lots of pictures of plants. I haven't taken as many here, but this Bird of Paradise was begging to be photographed.
That's it for now.

1 comment:

playa del Carmen boutique hotels said...

It is really an interesting post. I like your photo shoot. I find the ancient images really nice.