Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mexico building entrances and facades

Here are a few of the pictures of building entrances and facades from the Mexico tour.
This horsehead was up at the roofline on a building near our hotel in Mexico City. Quite a contrast with the noisy electronics stores at street level.

Colonial style in the town of Garcia, Nuevo Leon (near Monterrey).

This was in the Barrio Antigua of Monterrey. I'm not sure, but I think that tire is for sale.

Another entrance in the Barrio Antigua. One side is stacked with books, the other with big chunks of tree trunks. Where did that wood come from? There were no big trees in the area. And what was going to happen to it?

This is a close-up of the door handle on the building above.

I saw many of these hand door knockers, but I only had my camera with me for this one. Some of the most ornate were in Colonial Queretaro. This one is in Garcia.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like that hand door knocker! It looks as if, with The Hand of Death stalagmite (?) formation from yesterday's post, the start of a nice series of hand photos.