Monday, January 05, 2009

Back to work

Right. I do have a blog, don't I? Sorry for the extended break. I had only a few performances in December and took the month as fallow time, necessary for my well-being. I spent Christmas and surrounding days in Massachusetts and Maine, New Year's at home.

Now I'm back at my desk, ready to work. The first order of business today was sending out the school postcard to be printed. Huge thanks to my sister Mary for putting it into the right format to be printed. Here's what one side looks like:

Cris Ceschi took these pictures at Red Brick Preschool in Sao Paulo on a lovely spring day in October. I love the way she caught the motion of the story.

I send postcards twice a year usually, once at the start of the school year and once in January. The card serves as a reminder to schools that I'm available for in-school field trips, assemblies, residencies, family literacy nights, end-of-testing celebrations and other events. The other side of the card gives all the salient details. Next week, when the card comes back from 4Over4.com, I'll spend time labeling and stamping them, most likely while watching a DVD. My sweetie and I are on a binge of the 90s TV show Homicide: Life on the Street, all seven years of it, perfect for this kind of busy work.

It's also time to get back to my storytelling one-sheet, the alternative to a brochure I've been working on in a desultory manner for months. More on that in another post.

No comments: