Saturday, May 30, 2009

On the road again



I'm so glad my summer storytelling season has begun! It's nice to be back in the libraries, even with all the driving required. Yesterday I drove to Ponca City, OK for a library show, then drove home, after a nice lunch with the librarian and her daughter (thanks, Janel!). That was about 8 hours in the car. On the way back, going through the Flint Hills, I took a few pictures out the window.  

The Flint Hills cover the central part of Kansas. I know, these pictures don't show them as hills, but they are. Really. Not like the hills of Vermont, where I grew up, but long and rolling landforms, often with cattle grazing on them in the spring. Ask the Buddha.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen the Flint Hills in lzte summer and autumn and now, here's spring. Thank you!

Susan at Stony River said...

Eight hours in the car, wow. I'm glad you had a good time in OK, and I must admit I envy you : what I wouldn't give for a few hours away from everything and everyone, nice and quiet and beautiful landscape all around!

About Sean Buvala said...

Busienss travel was exciting the first two times I did it 23 years ago. Since then, it's work.

And I would not trade it for the world.

Les said...

It was a long, long drive! ;)

Granny Sue said...

I like those hills--so different from what I see out my windows when I travel in my area.

I like the little guy in the window too.