Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

There's so much to be thankful for in this life. I wrote a list last year. Ditto this year. Add my thanks for new friends, for the trip to Brazil, for the replaced sewer line (necessary!), for the newer car, for satellite radio as I log the miles on said car, for a new political administration on its way, and for so much more. I'm glad to be alive.

I'm sitting at home after a fantastic Thanksgiving meal with friends and family at my sister's, working (or stalling, as the case may be) on my nanowrimo novel, music in the background (Norah Jones is the current CD), next to the woodstove. In an hour or so, I might be hungry enough to make a turkey sandwich. Or maybe I'll only manage some carrot sticks.

Here are my friends examining the turkey before carving:


And the aftermath:


Back to storytelling blog posts soon, I promise. 

No comments: