Monday, December 31, 2007

High points, low points, what a year!

This has been my busiest storytelling year yet. Today was my 234th performance. Whew!

Here are some high points: storytelling trip to Belgium in February, doing a workshop at the National Storytelling Conference, going to the National Storytelling Festival, the Iola residency, vacationing in North Carolina, working on Queen Berta and King Pippin, finding other great stories to tell, starting to develop my Punch and Judy show, getting a great review in School Library Journal, going to the WOW weekend, getting my fence repaired, my mother's visit last week for Christmas.

The lowest point was my father's death while I was in Belgium and the subsequent grief. Big.

Other low points? Getting a cold just before the National Storytelling Conference. Car trouble in Choctaw, OK. Other than that, I don't remember. I'm such a pollyanna, I tend to forget the low points.

That makes me think of one of my favorite quotes:
I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love and abundance. Then whenever doubt, anxiety or fear try to call me, they keep getting a busy signal and soon they'll forget my number.
--Edith Armstrong.


Happy 2008, everybody!

1 comment:

About Sean Buvala said...

Ahh, yer loverly and all your points. What a high point it is for all of us in the knowing of you.