Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy 2006!

So far, so good for 2006. Two days in and all is well. As an eternal Pollyanna, I expect that this will continue.

Here are a few things I'm looking forward to in 2006:

Going to New Jersey next week to tell stories, then continuing on to Philadelphia to the International Performing Arts for Youth showcase. I'll have an exhibit booth there. My button-machine is still smoking from production of story buttons (the most popular at the last booking conference I went to was my tagline, "All my stories start with a seed of truth").

Telling love stories for adults on Valentine's Day at the Union Depot in Lawrence, and probably telling Tristan and Iseult a few weeks later. I wonder what the new movie of this epic story will be like!

Going Deep: the Long Traditional Story Festival in Bethlehem IN March 16-19. This is part of a long-time dream. I think there's still space in this festival, so contact me if you're interested in a really intense and wonderful story experience.

The Mid-Missouri Storytelling Festival in April. Every time I've been to Central Missouri, I've had a great time.

Traveling to Turkey and Bulgaria with friends in May. It has been 13 years since I was in Bulgaria and I can't wait to go back! I've never been to Turkey, so that will be a great adventure. Maybe I'll even get to tell stories on this trip.

Returning to the Smoky Hill River Festival in Salina KS, June 9-11. Whooeee! I love this festival! Not only is it a wonderful all-around festival, with music, arts, crafts, children's activities and a specific storytelling stage away from the children's stage, but lots of the kids in Salina know me from storytelling residencies I've done in the schools throughout the years.

Stories, stories, stories. I'll keep you posted as the year goes along.

May you all have a fabulous 2006!

No comments: