Monday, August 02, 2010

Why I skipped blogging in July, or my big news

I've been a little busy.
Read to the end to find out why this enigmatic photo is here.

Since I last wrote, I've traveled to North Carolina, Wisconsin, Missouri and California. Only the last two of these trips were for storytelling. In Missouri, I did six performances in two days for the Daniel Boone Regional Library, always a good time. I didn't have any pie, but I did have excellent ice cream from Sparky's in Columbia. They make it right there. Yum.

This last weekend was the National Storytelling Conference in LA. The conference is like a happy family reunion. Nobody says, "Storyteller? You mean you read books to children" or "Storytelling? You can make a living at that?" There are workshops on the art and craft of storytelling, keynotes to inspire us, and endless conversations at meals, in the lobby and in the pool. Oh, and dancing. There's always dancing.

I was fortunate that my name was drawn for a Fringe performance, at which I told "Queen Berta and King Pippin" at 9:45 p.m. (to my central time zone body it felt like 11:45 p.m., and I'm not a night owl). I got a good response to it and it felt pretty solid. Look for news on whether the video and audio recordings I attempted came out or not.

But there's more. The big news is that I'll be moving. I've sold my house (gulp!) and will move to Kansas City, KS with my beau. We decided to do this so he wouldn't have to drive an hour each way to work. The house we found (pictured above), if all the inspections and the appraisal go well, is only a 30-minute drive for him. I was signing and faxing the contract from the hotel in LA, a surreal experience.

I don't have much storytelling work in August, so I'll be sorting, tossing, packing and moving. Wish me luck!

P.S. The yard sale will probably be on August 14.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This requires coffee or something stronger. I will call you, like soon. Stacey Louise

Flo said...

Wow... Go Priscilla, Go! Sounds like a big move in many regards. Enjoy!

Fowl Player said...

Well, now. This is BIG news. Congratulations on your move and your new life. I'll try to make it to your yard sale.

Lesley said...

I'm very happy for you but I'll miss your old house! :)

Granny Sue said...

Like!! Congratulations! and I heard you dod great at the conference too.

Mary said...

Happy moving, darlin'. Smooth travels and great happiness to you!