Thursday, April 01, 2010

Obvious signs of spring

I can't help it. I just have to put these up now. I'll write a more substantive post soon, I promise. Not today, because I really have to go outside.

Star Magnolia in the backyard.

Maybe I should rake up the leaves I didn't rake last year. The irises in front of the house are looking hopeful, but also need to be raked out.

My daffs are blooming a little later than those down the street, where there's more sun. Soon there will also be tulips.

Ah, Forsythia. I meant to force some a few weeks ago. This is just as good.

You can't see it in this picture, but I just put the screen on the front door and hoisted the porch swing onto its hooks. Now I need to sweep up the debris from the woodpile. It's not quite time to move the last of the wood off the porch--I'm betting I'll still need to make a few fires to take the chill off the house. After all, it's only April.


2 comments:

Deb said...

Completely, completely great. The magnolia is a knockout! And the rest just makes my day in the very best way.

Fowl Player said...

sWOW-WHEE! Spring in town is way ahead of the country. My daffodils just bloomed yesterday. Forsythia is just beginning to show. Your post will send me on a tour of town soon.