Sunday, February 01, 2009

Jetlag



That was yesterday at O'Hare Airport in Chicago. Now I'm in Belgium, feeling like my eyes are full of sand.

Here's my method for minimizing jetlag:
Drink lots of water.
Don't eat the supper on the plane. Do eat the breakfast.
Take a melatonin just after embarking.
Put earplugs in and pull the blanket over the head in an attempt to sleep.
After arriving, have no more than a two-hour nap.
Stay awake until at least 9 p.m.
Take a melatonin before bed. Do this every day until the jetlag is over.
Ignore the urge to get up at 2 a.m.
Get on the local schedule as quickly as possible.

The hardest part is staying awake until 9 on this first day. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't eat the supper on the plane. Do eat the breakfast.
Take a melatonin just after embarking.
Put earplugs in and pull the blanket over the head in an attempt to sleep Cohiba Siglo I.