Today was a pretty productive day:
- Haircut at 8 a.m.
- Home to breakfast with the newspaper (tea with milk and sugar, toast with butter and neuchatel cheese). Lit a fire in the woodstove. Fed and patted the cat. Let the cat out, let the cat in.
- Checked e-mails until I heard thunder. Turned the computer off.
- Vacuumed the house, cleaned the bathroom. Remembered that the word for dust bunny in French (at least in Belgium) is "mouton"--sheep! I had a flock under my bed.
- Patted the cat some more. Turned the computer back on. Checked e-mail, played a little solitaire. Talked to a friend and my sister briefly on the phone.
- Had lunch (steamed kale, carrots and tofu in a sauce of umeboshi vinegar, mustard and olive oil, the last bit of stollen, one chocotoff). Read. Let the cat in, let the cat out.
- Went to my tax advisor for the yearly visit. Worried a bit as usual, but it's truly just fine.
- Stopped at Crafty and Company to say hello to Chris.
- Continued on to Z's Divine Espresso to write in my journal and drink mocha. Forgot to ask for decaf. We'll see how that works for me later on.
- Erranded around for a while, first by myself, then with my sister. Yakketa blabbeta.
- Stopped at the library to look at the DVDs.
- Home. Got the woodstove going again, patted the cat, checked e-mail.
- Supper (corn tortilla quesadilla, steamed asparagus with lemon and butter).
- Wrote two thank-you notes, one contract, three invoices. Addressed, stamped and sealed all. Checked more e-mail, wrote responses to a few, deleted many.
- Let the cat out, played solitaire.
- Remembered to write blog entry.
That's today. Who knows what tomorrow will be like.